Dr. Helen Sessions
I am a fully qualified and accredited Chartered Clinical Psychologist and therapist with 20 years experience treating adults with a wide range of difficulties relating to mood, anxiety, trauma and interpersonal problems.
I have worked in the NHS since 2000 and continue to work part-time for the NHS as lead clinician for the psychological therapies service in an adult mental health team. I provide specialist psychological support for adults with severe, long-term difficulties and offer support, consultation, supervision and training to other clinicians. I have worked in private practice since 2011.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (2005), University of East Anglia, Norwich
- Master’s degree in Research Methods in Psychology (2000), University of Reading
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology (1999), University of Leicester
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Training Programme, EMDR Europe (2019)
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy Practitioner Training (2016 – 2019), South London and Maudsley NHS Trust
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy Skills Training (2015), Southern Health NHS Trust
- I am a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and adhere to their policies, including their Code of Practice;
- I am registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council;
- I am an accredited CBT Therapist with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapist (BABCP);
- I am an accredited CAT Therapist with the Association of Cognitive Analytic Therapy;
- I am a qualified EMDR Practitioner, certified by EMDR UK.
- I am ICO registered and DBS checked.
These are regulatory bodies and I adhere to their policies regarding continuing professional development and regular supervision.